The trend towards connected, automated and electric vehicles not only affects the automotive industry itself, but also the E/E architecture and thus the in-vehicle network (IVN). The demand for higher bandwidth, lower latency or better determinism is increasing. This requires corresponding IVN technologies such as Automotive Ethernet. But the actually desired standardization of the vehicle network is not yet in sight – as it was demonstrated at the sixth Automotive Ethernet Congress in February 2020. For example, in the low-end area there are two alternatives available with 10BASE-T1S and CAN-XL, which have their raison d'être depending on the point of view.
Which technology will now be used to solve the problem of 10 Mbit/s data transmission? 10BASE-T1S is certainly better suited as a pure Ethernet solution for future automotive challenges, but CAN-XL also has potential in the view of some companies. The seventh Automotive Ethernet Congress, which will take place in Munich on February 10 and 11, 2021, will be the platform to discuss this and other issues. In addition, current and future technology and product developments will be the focus of the presentations, exhibition and workshops. The congress offers the opportunity to share and discuss new ideas concerning the implementation and use of Ethernet in the vehicle, and ultimately to adapt them for your own projects.
Please, Submit your Presentation and Workshop Proposal
To impart and pass on this knowledge, you and your expertise are in demand. Send us your presentation or workshop proposals on the following topics by August 17, 2020:
- Introduction: Basics for Ethernet users
- Architecture: Use of Ethernet in an automotive environment, requirements
- Concrete implementation of Automotive Ethernet projects
- Physical Layer: 10BASE-T1S or CAN-XL – solutions for 10 Mbit/s
- Current and future PHY solutions
- Audio/video transmission: AVB and TSN in practice
- Safety & Security: critical applications with Ethernet
- Measurment and testing, tools
- Electromagnetic compatibility: from cable to conformity testing
- Applications: Possibilities for the use of Ethernet
Of course other topics are also conceivable!
For those who were not able to attend the sixth Automotive Ethernet Congress, the following series of pictures offers the opportunity to gain a small insight.