Schwerpunkte

Communication in the IoT using AI and ML

Panasonic acquires Blue Yonder

17. September 2021, 12:38 Uhr   |  Andreas Knoll

Panasonic acquires Blue Yonder
© Blue Yonder

Girish Rishi, CEO of Blue Yonder, will remain with the company.

Panasonic Corporation has completed the acquisition of Blue Yonder, provider of a digital end-to-end fulfilment platform. Following the acquisition of a 20 per cent stake in Blue Yonder in July 2020, Panasonic has thus acquired the remaining 80 per cent of the company.

The investment values Blue Yonder at $8.5 billion. Since Panasonic's announcement on 23 April 2021 that it would also acquire the remaining shares in Blue Yonder, the acquisition has gone through the antitrust approval process and received approval from regulators in the US and other countries.

The acquisition is expected to accelerate Panasonic and Blue Yonder's shared vision of an "Autonomous Supply Chain". By integrating Panasonic's sensor technologies and edge devices with Blue Yonder's artificial intelligence and machine learning-based planning, execution and commerce solutions, companies will be able to reimagine e-commerce strategies, retail shops, warehouses, transportation and workplaces, and connect them smarter and better. The joint end-to-end offering is expected to provide customers with unlimited visibility, control and orchestration. It is also designed to enable real-time optimisation of operations, provide a better customer experience and drive more profitable business outcomes.

The acquisition merges Panasonic's edge technologies with Blue Yonder's artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. "The combination of Panasonic's Internet-of-Things devices and Blue Yonder's AI-powered platform will enable faster and more comprehensive data analysis," said industry analyst Simon Ellis, programme vice president at IDC. "Panasonic's resources and Blue Yonder's innovations will accelerate the evolution of tools customers need to anticipate and prevent supply chain disruptions. They are shaping more autonomous supply chains."

Through the acquisition, Panasonic is sharpening its own focus in digital transformation. From 1 April 2022, Panasonic Group will transform into a holding company and focus on strategic businesses in some key areas, such as supply chain delivery and automation.

The Blue Yonder brand will be retained and the company will be located within the Panasonic Connected Solutions Company. As part of the Panasonic Group's transformation into a holding company, the Connected Solutions Company will be renamed Panasonic Connect Co, Ltd. in April 2022. Blue Yonder's CEO Girish Rishi and the entire leadership team will remain with the company.

Auf Facebook teilen Auf Twitter teilen Auf Linkedin teilen Via Mail teilen

Verwandte Artikel

Panasonic Deutschland a Division of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, Panasonic Factory Automation Europe, Panasonic Industrial Europe GmbH, Blue Yonder