Renesas Electronics' new RX72M solution includes an evaluation board, an operating system, middleware, and a sample software that supports approximately 70 percent of the communications protocols used in industrial network applications. This enables users to immediately launch slave equipment development. The sample software includes: EtherCAT, PROFINET RT, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, and OPC UA, as industrial Ethernet software, and PROFIBUS DP, Modbus, RTU/ASCII, CAN open, and DeviceNet, as Field Bus communication software.
Renesas has confirmed conformance testing for the three major protocols – EtherCAT, PROFINET RT, and Ethernet/IP – which represents the global industrial Ethernet market. This allows developers to reduce the overall development time – including development, evaluation, and verification steps – by as much as six months, accelerating their time to market.
With the new RX72M solution, Renesas provides sample software and will collaborate with partners providing sales and support mass production protocols to support customers’ transition from development to mass production.
- The Renesas RX72M Industrial Network Solution provides the following items:
- Evaluation board, including RX72M MCU
- RX72M drivers
- OS (µITRON) and TCP IP middleware sample programs
- Industrial network protocol sample programs
- Other items: CS+ and e2 studio integrated development environment (IDE); Application notes; sale and support for OS, middleware, and industrial networks from partner companies
The RX72M Industrial Network Solution will be available for customers in Japan by December 2019 with OS, middleware, industrial networks support from Renesas’ partner companies. Global access will be available by October 2020.