The vehicle is undergoing the greatest change since its inception. Automation, networking and digitalization of the vehicle with the environment and occupants will completely change individual mobility. Important for this: a powerful vehicle network such as Automotive Ethernet, which is not only a fast and inexpensive form of data transmission in automobiles, but also offers advantages such as standardization, scalability and support for IP protocols.
After around 900 trade visitors, speakers and exhibitors informed themselves about the progress of Ethernet in vehicles this year, the fifth Automotive Ethernet Congress of Elektronik automotive will once again feature exciting topics. In addition to architecture and physical layers, there will also be safety & security, AVB/TSN, case studies as well as testing and validation. In his keynote speech »Towards computer-aided architecture for E/E systems« Martin Hiller, technical director of the Logical Elements and Software Architecture Division at Volvo Car, examines how the car has evolved from a purely mechanical structure to a computer-aided mechanical structure in recent decades.
In addition to 19 lectures including 2 keynotes, 5 workshops in particular will provide a detailed reference to the practical use of Ethernet in vehicles. The topics of the workshops are:
- Functional Ethernet-ECU testing: Simulation, Data-Logging & Troubleshooting, Thomas Schulze, Spirent Communications
- Automating the Design of In-vehicle Ethernet Networks in 2020 and Beyond: the Beginning of the Centaur Era? – Prof. Nicolas Navet, University of Luxembourg; Dr. Jörn Migge, RealTime-at-Work
- TSN and Security: Dimensioning the Roles of the Switch and the Processor, Dr. Rajeev Roy, Michael Johnston; NXP
- Migrating From CAN(-FD) to 10BASE-T1S for Cost Effective, Higher Performance, Ubiquitous In-vehicle Networking, Dr. Björn Sander, K2L; Dr. Bernd Sostawa, Microchip
- 1000BASE-T1 PHY Compliance Testing, Dr. Nik Dimitrakopoulos, Dr. Ernst Flemming; Rohde & Schwarz
The Automotive Ethernet Congress 2019 will be broadened by a table top exhibition with new products and systems, plus interesting demonstrations.